Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Groom

Sitting on our beds in my little room, a new friend and I had a great discussion on our groom.  You didn't know I had one?  Oh! but I do!  He is wonderful, beautiful, magnificent, strong, kind, loving, submissive, faithful beyond imagination, a servant and yet a king.  My friend lit up as she described this wonderful groom in her life.  "Why, I wouldn't mind being single my whole life just knowing that He is mine!"  We will not always be single even if we don't get married till the day we die. Because, on that day, we will see Him!  Her groom and my groom is one and the same.  He is our redeemer Jesus Christ.  This wonderful groom did not only find me and love me but He redeemed me from a wretched and fallen state from which I had no hope of salvation.  He then protects, guides, and watches over me.  He calls me to walk worthy of my position as bride (of which I fail miserably) and He is the head of my life.  In a strange and yet wonderful way, He not only has done this and is this for me, but He is this for all other believers.  Marian and I continued to talk about this wonderful groom and how, really, we are most happy when we give ourselves completely to Him.  She said it really is not that hard, just tell Him I am Yours and let Him do as He wills.  Well, I must admit I find it hard, but I don't want to and I was so encouraged by our little talk.

And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, 
as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, 
"Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, 
and His wife has made herself ready."  
And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, 
for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

No comments: