Tuesday, February 26, 2013

He Used to be JoeJoe

Our Joseph has always made me smile.  When he was a baby, a little girl named Alex tagged him JoeJoe.  Then later, he was often called Joey.  I hear now, he's often referred to as Joe.  His speech was hard to understand when he was a toddler, but he had a lot to say.  Charity was his interpreter.  When Joseph spoke, everyone would turn to her and she would patiently explain what Joseph was trying to say.  It was quite an occupation for Charity, following him around and keeping everyone happy.  Joseph was from the beginning an engineer.  He would often disappear into his bedroom, quietly close the door (so no one would detect him), and work on K-Nex or Legos for hours.  He would then proudly ask me to come look at what he had made.  I am still amazed at what he can make!  But that's just like a mom.  I have always been amazed at him.  It all started the moment I found out I had another baby on the way.  The amazement has never stopped.  When Joseph was born, the doctor in attendance saw the cord tied in a perfect little knot, but not stopping the flow of blood.  I was amazed.  A few days later, I escaped (still don't know how) a surely fatal car accident with my precious Joseph in the car weighing all of 7 lbs.  I shake my head in amazement.  For Kindergarten, Charity sat at a little table her Grandpa had made and learned her letters and numbers.  Joseph being 18 months younger sat on the floor and played with Legos.  The next year it was Joseph's turn for Kindergarten.  I quickly found myself out of that job.  He already knew his letters and numbers from osmosis sitting on the floor with his Legos.  Amazed again.






Joseph isn't really amazing, but I do love him.  No, our God is amazing!  His ways are perfect!  Thankyou heavenly father for boys.  Wouldn't we girls be unbalanced without them?

1 comment:

Queenie The Bee said...

That is SO JOE JOE. :) I haven't ever seen some of these pictures!!!