Friday, February 8, 2013

Male and Female He created them


Quite honestly, I'm a strange girl.  I’m not one who really enjoys listening to a whole “message” by a woman.  Usually, I’m pretty turned off by it.  But I had to listen to this message for an assignment due Monday morning.  Begrudgingly, I turned it on this afternoon as I cleaned up my room.  As it went on, I quit cleaning and sat down to really listen.  This one was good.  Mary Kassian did a wonderful job calling women to stand up to the call of feminism and to practice biblical womanhood.  She clearly shows the deceitfulness and the hatefulness behind feminism and how it has progressed.  It is a sad state, burdening women with a lifestyle contrary to godliness.  We, as women, are to stand fast in our biblical femininity, to be rebels against the world’s expectations, and to embrace godliness.  It is not easy.  It is right, and it is good.

The message comes from True Women '08, Revive our Hearts.  It is called "You've come a long way, Baby!" and you can find it here.  Girls, I love you dearly, but I'm not sure you should be listening to it, so please ask your mom or dad before you do.  It's not bad or anything, just a bit mature and I'm sure your mom or dad would know right off if it's too much for you :)    


As a bonus, here's one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books by one of my favorite men: 

"Madness does not come by breaking out, but by giving in; by settling down in some dirty, little, self-repeating circle of ideas; by being tamed." ~G.K. Chesterton Manalive

Let us, as women, not settle down, be content, and be tamed by our culture. No, we need to rise up, to be "mad" in the already mad world's eyes.  For to be seen as mad by the madman is no offense.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

When I have some quiet, I will listen to this. Thanks for sharing.