Thursday, January 24, 2013

Psalm 90: Reflecting On My Children

This picture was taken in 2004 in Billings, MT.  Since then, only one remains a child.  Nate is now 10, and looks much like Joseph did in this picture.  Somehow it seems like yesterday and it seems like eons ago all at the same time.  Joseph's mind swirls with math calculations and Computer Science. How fast it is all lived out.  Ana is a young woman soon to be married.  How speedily the days roll over and over. Charity is a vibrant student asking hard questions of others and herself.  How quickly they become parents.  The beautiful teenager Mary Beth is now a mother of 4.  Kip and I change too.  At this time, we couldn't have imagined there was anything more to learn about parenting.  Now, there are days we feel we know nothing of raising children. God ordains these changes, uses them for His glory and our good, and yet...He doesn't change.  My heart cries out..."So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom"..."Satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days"....Let Your work be shown to Your servants, and Your glorious power to their children.  Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!"  Psalm 90:14, 16,17

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I just made this my desktop wallpaper :)

Charity said...

I love my family! Hey to all my siblings :) Thanks Mom and Pa for all your hard work with us! I know we're not the most easy going bunch.