Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's Next?

"There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction." Winston Churchill

Then why is it so hard? My entire life is changing. My children are growing up before my eyes. Things I thought would last forever don't. Birthdays are somewhat bothersome to me. It never used to be this way. It's easy to let fear creep in and take up housekeeping in my heart. I don't know the outcome of all the changes. I don't know what it will all "look like" when the changes are complete. I don't even know if I like the changes. But in it all, I can find hope because the God of the Universe directs my every step. His Sovereign control over my life is a source of great strength and comfort. He who never changes knows just when to throw me the lifeboat and reel me in to safety. Hebrews 13:8 tells us that, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." So, bring on the changes! Re-location, New House, New Job, New Church, New Friends, New Hairstyle maybe?

No comments: