Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Our family is in transition at the moment, excitedly anticipating moving into a new home at the end of February.

My menu planning was taking a dive downward as I tried to juggle all the duties a cross country move entailed. That is until I stumbled upon an old fashioned idea worth bringing out again.

Each night of the week has a name. Of course, you would want to vary this according to your family's favorites.

Monday is Mexican Night
Tuesday is Pasta Night
Wednesday is Soup Night
Thursday is Chicken or Fish Night
Friday is Pizza Night
Saturday is Crock Pot Night
Sunday is Grilled Meat Night

I've been at it for 2 weeks now, and the ease with which I plan the weekly shopping list is amazing. Now I can group all my wonderful Italian pasta dishes for use on Tuesdays. I can collect the tasty soups I've tried for Wednesday. If I want to make fresh bread during the week...I can easily see which recipes it would be most helpful with.

Just an idea, and I'm sure wouldn't work for everyone. It's predictable, yes. But it doesn't seem to be boring because with a myriad of recipes the family hasn't even noticed.

Not true exactly...they noticed pizza night!

1 comment:

Queenie The Bee said...

Great idea, Mrs. J. ;) Will hafta try this. :)